Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monkeys.

The monkey rock. Also, note pretty bracelets Cassie made :)

There are many monkeys here, but I hadn’t seen any until today. My first experience with them was this morning, bright and early.They woke me up at 6 am while climbing all over the roofs of the buildings here and walking on the windowsill outside my dorm. Yeah. No big deal. Just 7 monkeys saying hi as I sat in my bed. I was frightened. Actually. Monkeys are evil. I am convinced, especially after being chased by monkeys in Cambodia…
So, I was still shaking from that experience when I started walking to school early to work out that morning. I saw one of the campus workers as I left my dorm, and said simply “the monkeys!!!” He scared away the monkey family (the small vicious type of monkey!) that was blocking my walkway, something I very much appreciated.  I carried some rocks to school, just in case.
Monkey walking by at 6 am...

7 comments:

  1. wow, now you have even more to carry up and down the mountain to school, you are going to be so strong....no more cute rabbits to scare away just the evil monkeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkeys - oh my. Next time - just picture mom, the bunny, and the rock and channel your inner warrior. The monkeys will run screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I like the comments, I just found out that Josh stayed in Haridwar, only one hour away from you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He went to the Kumbh mela festival in Rishikesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats up with your parents, they need to add a profile photo ! And whats up with Mormor and Morfar, have they not figured out how to post a comment? Do I need to fly to Calif and show them how?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool! There is also a yoga festival in Rishikesh.... (mom!) yes they do! i think you might have to...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow yoga festival sounds so great!! yoga in its finest true surrounding, you wont want to ever yoga again in your old yoga room in bellvue. what places will you visit when you tour the country? Josh flew to the beach goa area. Naturally taj mahal, rafting the Ganges river, ghandi museum, and you probably dont want to top this a 23 hour train ride !
    love to read your blog, keep the posts coming on a steady basis.
    love
    aunt miche

    ReplyDelete