Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shopping!


Today, I went to the bazaar with the Pesaventos for some shopping!
I got my brother a card and bracelet for "Rakshabandan", the Hindu holiday celebrating brothers. He had better wear his bracelet... :)
I also went to cloth store and got two sets for salwar kameezs! Sets are basically the different fabrics for the outfit. They are not ready to wear though, so you need to go to a tailor to have them sew it!
And I went to the bangle store!
And I got some groceries.
And I went to the tailor.
And we ate out some delicious indian food!
Oh yeah, and I rode on a motorcycle on Indian roads. That was fun!!!!!!! :DDD
At the fabric store with one of my sets... its going to be very cool.
One of my dupatas (scarf for the salwar kameez) at the tailors
The bangle store owner! Notice boxes of bangles everywhere. He was very skilled at matching bangles to fabric. And getting the bangles on to your wrist... there is a very fine art to putting those things on!

We bought a lot of bangles! 50 rupees for two dozen.. about one dollar! 
Getting fitted for my salwar kameez! Yay! I can't wait to pick them up next weekend.
Indian after lunch "breath mints" = anise seeds and sugar. Put a little of each into your hand and pour into mouth!

At the fabric store. There were a lot of colors to choose from!!!!

Bangles! And boxes of bangles! And a bored looking little boy.

Picking out the neckline style for my salwar kameez.

So many styles to choose from!

On the road home

Little birds made of flowers! Elizabeth taught me how to make them.

At the restaurant.




3 comments:

  1. what a fun shopping day! such great photos, the dresses are going to be gorgeous, noticed you girls were carrying around your BIG umbrellas on the walk, ben is going to wearing his bracelet and loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... should we put in our shopping orders??

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes aunt miche!what would you like?

    ReplyDelete